Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Training today

Today was medium day all around.

Did 4.5 miles running this morning. Got to run with a friend and we kept the pace slow and even as I am still nursing a broken toe that I received right before we left for the Winking Lizard 4 mile run this past Saturday night (long story about the toe and the great night we had after the hot a humid race).

Today's run was a semi-hilly run that is close to home. It has a bunch of long straight-aways and it a nice easy run without a bunch of traffic.

I do Weight Watchers which has really helped me get my weight back on track (lost 41.6 pounds since I started and have seen my times drop big time as this has happened).

Get to sleep in in the morning which is very cool (no swim practice for my kids in the morning).

Getting ready for the Classic at Mastick in a few weeks and looking forward to a few more runs before the 1/2 marathon in October (my first).

Split a bottle of the new Great Lakes Brewing Imperial Dortmunder with my wife - that is very tastie beer (nice flavor, nice little kick, just a nice all around beer and a nice improvement on an already wonderful beverage).

Check back soon for another update!

No comments: